POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : absorbing media question : absorbing media question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:16:54 EDT (-0400)
  absorbing media question
From: mine
Date: 24 Jul 2006 23:40:01
Message: <web.44c59203d1424b84a6ac26a70@news.povray.org>
Hi, here is what I want to do: I have a cube (it could be a rectangle later
on) and I have made it hollow and filled it with absorbing media and made
the cube clear. the light source is above it. I want to progressively
change the amount I am absorbing as I go away from the light. I want to
absorb more light the further away I get from the light source. I figure I
have to use a density_map but I'm not sure how to that for a cube (or
similar) shape. I have done a density_map for a sphere with emitting media
before. Thanks for any help. :)